Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Happy Heart......

I haven't talked much about exercising on this blog. Exercising is the number ONE thing you can do for your heart. I volunteer at my local hospital for the Cardiac Rehabilitation department. I talk to the patients just after they've either had open heart surgery or a stent  put into their arteries.  According to most cardiologist, the number one prevention besides a healthy diet is doing at least 30 minutes of exercising per day.
I use to be one of those people who would say..."I'm too busy"....okay how about taking time for yourself...Get some exercise tapes, grab your ipod go for a walk. I joined the YMCA, check out your area. The Y is a great bargin, a one time membership fee, then very minimal monthly payments. They have tons of fun exercise classes you can take. If the Y is too expensive go buy a $10 exercise DVD, one that might interest you or walk....its free!
I take tap (yes as in dancing) with my daughter...it so fun....I also love Yoga....talk about hard...but you feel so wonderful after your done. Zumba is another class I love..sort of a funky aerobics/latin dancing class...
Sometimes, I just go for a walk with my doggies...it makes them happy and my heart happy too!
YOU CAN DO IT! JUST GO FOR IT! AND REMEMBER.....ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment