Saturday, July 25, 2009

What Kind Of Vegetarian Am I?

Since I'm new to this vegetarian lifestyle (hence the name...."Green Vegetarian"), I've discovered there isn't just one kind of vegetarian.
1. Vegetarians avoid MEAT, FISH AND POULTRY, OK, so I've got that figured out.
2. Vegetarians who INCLUDE dairy products and eggs are "LACTO-OVO VEGETARIANS"
(I think that's what I am).
3. VEGANS eat NO meat, fish, poultry, EGGS OR DAIRY products. (not quite there yet).

Vegan diets are considered the most healthful although a lacto-ovo is a much easier diet for "greenies" like me.

SO, what kind of vegetarian are you?

Information taken from "Vegetarian Times & the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine".

1 comment:

  1. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but I eat lots of vegan and raw meals as well. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete