Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacations....

Wow! I can't believe I didn't post anything in June! Where has the time gone? I can tell you I've been reading, researching  and eating heart healthy vegan meals. In the past 3 weeks I've been to Chicago, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Kelley's Island...wew! I think I'm done traveling for awhile!

FABULOUS CHICAGO SKYLINE

                                                                    KELLEY'S ISLAND, OHIO
While I was in all those wonderful places, I was able to find great vegetarian/vegan food.

While in Chicago I went to the famed "Chicago Diner".... I was in food heaven! They had the most amazing selections I've ever seen! I could of eaten there the 3 days I was there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....and had a different selection at every meal! I was fortunate to eat breakfast there, they actually call it brunch because they don't open until 11:00 am, I was starving but it was well worth the wait. I had the breakfast bowl which constisted of diner potatoes topped with tofu, seitan sausage, biscuit and gravy....can you say fabulous! 
I was so excited when I found out they had a cookbook! I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but when I do, you'll know! You can find the Chicago Diner  @ www.veggiediner.com. Check out the menu, I swear you'll jump the first plane to Chicago just to eat at the Chicago Diner!

No comments:

Post a Comment