Sunday, August 16, 2009

Interesting Reads

I love reading cookbooks, something my daughter finds odd...."Mom, how can you sit and read a cookbook"? I don't know, I find great joy in visualizing the recipes, image how they would taste, how easy is it to prepare, can I find the ingredients.
Two books I found very good for vegetarian cooking are:
"Everyday Cooking with Dr. Dean Ornish

I think this is my bible for vegetarian cooking. Great recipes, easy to follow, heart healthy and most importantly....yummy
Another good book is "Cook Yourself Thin"


Even though this book isn't a "vegetarian book" per say,it has many vegetarian recipes in it and recipes that you could make leaving out the "meat"....
Both these books have the added benefit of helping you lose weight, of which I'm very fond of.
I'll keep you posted on other interesting reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment