Friday, August 21, 2009

Roasted Carrots

I can't believe its Friday already...where did Wednesday and Thursday go?
Hmm what did I eat the last couple of days, last night we had take-out Chinese, I had vegetarian chop suey, it was really good. Wednesday night I made it real simple, fresh corn on the cob grilled (yummy) with a baked potato and I made roasted carrots in the oven. Have you ever had roasted carrots? You'll never eat another boiled carrot again. Its easy.
Peel carrots, make a lot, you'll eat a lot.
Cut in half lengthwise, either spray with olive oil spray or mix with a teaspoon or so of olive oil.
Place on baking sheet.
Season with whatever seasoning you fancy. I used "Herbes de Provence" which is a mixture of thyme, basil, savory, rosemary and lavender.
I also season with a little salt and pepper.
Stir occasionally, bake for about 30 minutes until nicely caramelized
.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment