Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Sausage" and Peppers


I love sausage and peppers or should I say I use to love sausage and peppers. When I was a chicken eater, I switched to chicken sausage which is good. I was in my local health food store (Raisin Rack, Canton, Ohio) and I noticed Vegetarian Sausage made by Lightlife Smart Sausages, Italian Style. It was around $4.00, so I thought, well I spend that at Starbucks, I should give it a try. Well, I'm so glad I did. I LOVED it! I noticed they also have Vegetarian beef and chicken, I'll have to try that next time.
Here's my recipe, hope you enjoy it!

My version of "sausage and peppers"

2-3 green, yellow and/or red peppers (use any combination or just one) sliced

1 large onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced

extra-virgin olive oil

1 package Smart Sausages Italian Style
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes

spaghetti

In a little extra-virgin olive oil, saute peppers, onions and garlic until soft about 5-8 minutes, add "sausages" (I sliced mine), saute for another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer about 10-15 minutes. Serve over pasta.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Now this is something Bob would love. Let you know if I try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! thanks! I really loved it!

    ReplyDelete