Monday, March 8, 2010

Detox Breakfast

I was meeting my friend Andrea for a late breakfast the other day after our workout. I needed to eat a little something before my workout but I didn't know what to eat. In Martha Stewart's "body and soul" magazine last month there was a really interesting article about a month long detox. I don't think I could do a month, but one breakfast, yea, I can manage that. I was surprised at how good this was and actually kept me from being hungry. Usually after my workout I'm starving, not this time. Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Detox Mango Smoothie
2 servings (refrigerate half for later, but no longer than 24 hours) or halve the recipe
1 1/4 cup soy-free almond milk
1/2 cup coconut water (you can actually find this in a regular grocery store where the sell the Mexican ingredients)
2 leaves kale or Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
1/4 avocado (if you save the other 3/4 make sure you mash it and sprinkle with lemon juice)
1/2 cup mango chunks
1/2 cup ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment