Saturday, March 6, 2010

The new All American lunch......


I've always loved hot dogs. And I would always have people tell me...do you know what they have in them? Well now I can say..."Meat....do you know how they process it?"! I now eat tofu hot dogs and I now do know what they have in them! I must admit, I was skeptical about "tofu hot dogs" in fact years ago at work, my friend Tracy was eating a "tofu hot dog". I laughed at her! Okay, I'm sorry Tracy, I didn't know what I do now!
I made this lunch, tofu hot dog, vegetarian baked beans (from a can) and homemade potato salad which I made in less than 20 minutes!
Here's the recipe.... give that Tofu hot dog a try!
Vegan Potato Salad
Serves 6 to 8
1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 celery stalk, diced or thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
paprika
In a stockpot, combine the water with about 1 teaspoons of salt. Add the potatoes, bring to a boil, simmer until tender. Strain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, pickles, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt.
When potatoes are cool, gently toss in the celery, and onions. Add mayonnaise mixture and gently toss. Sprinkle with paprika.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment